This article was originally published on the Athletics Canada website.
Athletics Canada is very excited to announce the launch of AthleticsCanada.tv, home for live-streaming broadcasts and archived footage of Canadian athletics. The game-changing platform will connect the sport in Canada from high school, to national, international, and road running.
Rob Guy, Athletics Canada Chief Executive Officer, “We want to give all levels, from youth to pros to masters more exposure. The objective is to provide a first rate viewership experience and expand Athletics Canada’s reach, unify Canada’s best events, and showcase them in a professional, consistent way.”
In the creation of AthleticsCanada.tv, Athletics Canada partnered with RunnerSpace.com, the world’s leading digital platform for the sport of athletics. “We are extremely excited and proud to partner with Athletics Canada on this long-term effort to take Canada’s digital efforts to the next level,” said Ross Krempley Founder and CEO of RunnerSpace.com. “The great success of our partnership with USA Track & Field to create USATF.TV shows that athletes, coaches and fans are hungry for quality live webcasts and on-demand content, we are confident that AthleticsCanada.tv will help push the sport forward in Canada in a similar way.”
“On the video side of AthleticsCanada.tv the cornerstones of a strong live broadcast are knowledgeable and entertaining commentators, with multiple angle high definition video, all viewable in a single destination,” said Mathieu Gentès, Athletics Canada Director of Public Relations and Corporate Services.
AthleticsCanada.tv will grow and evolve each year, but begins this year with a full slate of live webcasts with expert commentary across the board. Perdita Felicien, a two-time Olympian and World Champion, will provide colour for a number of the track and field events and knows the sport inside and out from in front and behind the camera.
Gentès adds, “Marathoner Krista DuChene is on board for the broadcast of the Canadian Half Marathon Championships and over the coming weeks we will finalize more of these details to ensure first rate broadcasts across the board.”
2015 Broadcast Schedule
- CDN 10km Championships | Ottawa Race Weekend – May 23
- Scotiabank Ottawa Marathon | Ottawa Race Weekend – May 24
- New Balance Speed River Inferno | NTL #1 – May 30
- CDN Half Marathon Championships | Scotiabank Calgary Marathon – May 31
- Aileen Meagher Track Classic | NTL # 2 – June 2
- OFSAA Track and Field Championships – June 4 to 6
- BC School Sports Track and Field Championships – June 4 to 6
- ASAA Track and Field Championships – June 5 to 6
- Harry Jerome Track Classic | NTL #3 – June 8
- Victoria International Track Classic | NTL #4 – June 10
- CDN Track & Field Championships | World & Pan Am Jr Trials – July 2 to 5
- TrackTown Classic | NTL #5 – July 12
- Panamerican Junior Championships – July 31 to August 2
- CDN Marathon Championships | Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon – October 18
- OFSAA Cross Country Championships – November 7
- CDN Cross Country Championships – November 28