CAN Fund is a not for profit organization devoted solely to raising funds and awareness of our Canadian athletes. We have created a vehicle that connects Canadians directly to our athlete¹s journey and their success. CAN Fund is the only organization in Canada that with each donation, you find out the name of the athlete you have directly supported and receive a tax receipt. We provide our athletes with the opportunity to focus on success instead of focusing on unnecessary financial hurdles. Donations go directly to Canadian athletes so they can afford proper nutrition, better equipment, coaching, travel to competitions and training camps, and basic living expenses. To learn more visit www.MyCANFund.com.
- Canadian Athletes Now Fund has raised over $15 million, and directly supports hundreds of Canadian athletes from coast to coast.
- Direct funding is provided to both able-bodied and Paralympic athletes.
- Athletes can apple twice a year for funding - spring and fall. With each application athletes must fill out a very detailed assessment of their current training and financial situation.
- Approved athletes receive $6,000 per application and can receive up to $12,000 a year from CAN Fund.
- In October 2003 the Fund received charitable status, allowing CAN Fund to issue tax receipts for all donations exceeding $25.
- Sprott Gold Metal Celebration: Sprott Asset Management LP and the Sprott Foundation pledged $100,000 for every gold medal won by a Canadian athlete at the Vancouver Games. This investment of $1.4 million will help fund future athletes. www.SprottGoldPledge.com
- Shaw “Making it Happen” Telethon: Over 1.2 million was raised in support of Canadian athletes through 2 live telethon events held in Calgary in 2008 and Vancouver in 2009. Over 120 Canadian athletes were involved in the telethons, answering phones, sharing their stories and working together to raise awareness for athletes.
- 10th Anniversary: Patrons of Sport Campaign was created. The founding donor was Eugene Melnyk with a donation of $1 million. www.PatronsOfSport.com
- Talent Supporting Talent: Our Talent Supporting Talent initiative was launched October 2009 with the “Celebrating Canadian Talent Art Exhibit” which involved a number of Famous Canadians creating artwork in support of Canadian athletes. Future Talent Supporting Talent initiatives to come. www.TalentSupportingTalent.com